Membership

Who's Online

Ventrilo Status

Server Status

Guild Summary

About HighFunctioningSocioPath
<HighFunctioningSociopath> is a simple guild of like minded people with a common goal that began raiding as a guild in February 2014. 

Obviously, we all enjoy playing the game, but as much as we love getting new loot, and we do love it, the real satisfaction comes from killing a new boss and progressing through current content. We expect players that raid with us to have the same mentality. 

We don't mind lending a helping hand and assisting players as they improve their skill, as long as effort is put forth by the player as well.

Currently we are raiding 10 man Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar and are currently 11/14 Heroic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighFunctioningSociopath Forum Index -> Boss Guides and Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do we proceed with Heroic SoO progression?
Stay on Siegecrafter Blackfuse even though Swift is leaving and teach the new Hunter.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Skip Siegecrafter Blackfuse and move on to Heroic Paragons until we have a capable Hunter.
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

Seijurou
Co-GM

re: How do we proceed with Heroic SoO? It's up to you!

So the question here is, how do we proceed with Heroic SoO?

The reason for this question is because, with Thok down, we are supposed to start progression on Siegecrafter Blackfuse. We attempted it a few times on Monday (27 wipes to be exact) since we killed Thok pretty easily, and we immediately realized a few things.

1) It's going to take a lot of pulls to get this just right.

2) Belts are SUPER important for the fight. So much so that if they are messed up, then 98% of the time, it's a wipe.

3) We will need to decide what mechanics we want to deal with and stick to it before we make any type of progress.

After all this, there is something that we need to consider. Since belts are very important in this fight, we need a capable hunter that can do it well consistently. Not that Swift wasn't a capable hunter but he won't be raiding with us for much longer, so him learning the belts doesn't benefit us one bit. Once he's gone and we get a new hunter, unless they are 13/14H and have a ton of experience, we are going to be right back at square one with the belts.

For this reason, I'm making the following proposition:

Skip Heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse and jump straight to Heroic Paragons. If we down them we can backtrack to Siegecrafter, depending on if we have a decent Hunter that can do the belts alone on Normal at least.

Siegecrafter would be the first boss we skip as a guild. We've progressed from heroic bosses 1 - 11 in order, unlike most guilds, and despite all our issues with healers and no-shows, we've managed to maintain our kills 99% of the weeks. This is why I want your input.

Let me know your thoughts, tell me why we should or shouldn't do this. Do you think it's a good idea? Do you think it's a bad idea? If you have any other suggestions, post them here.

Also, if you answer the poll, please post something saying you have responded.

Last edited by Seijurou on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
Pushpôp

I do like the idea of skipping Blackfuse until the time when we do have a competent hunter that can perform on belts since Swift is going bye bye.  

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Pushpôp

Just another idea, my hunter is 574 and I have done the belts in the past.  With additional gear I could solo belts and just play my hunter on this fight til we get another hunter that can do it. 

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Gendon
Officer

If Blackfuse truly is the hardest boss in SoO, and he will take over a month to take down, I fear that we would run out of time to get our Garrosh kill. I advocate for skipping to Paragons and to proceed onto Garrosh, even if we did have a capable hunter.

[VB]Viper
Core-Raider

Yea, we can expect easily 4-6 weeks of perfect attendance and perfect raids to put down blackfuse imo, and thats without having to train another hunter/healers we still need, so i voted to skip too.

Last edited by [VB]Viper on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
elrilwow
Officer

@Gendon 

The door to Garrosh won't open until we have all other bosses down IIRC.

@Pushpop

Aren't you raiding with another heroic guild on your hunter? Wouldn't you be saved every week then?

I like the idea of doing Heroic Paragons first. That is also another tough fight that's taken guilds many many pulls to beat.

But keep in mind that if we're still doing the solo hunter strat, that hunter will need to be geared enough to solo belts consistently which may take weeks of gearing.

Gendon
Officer

Yeah, I just confirmed that. Since we actually have to do all of the bosses in a single lockout on heroic to do Garrosh, I guess it really doesn't matter what we do. But we should probably try paragons while we have Swift? It makes more sense to do Paragons while we have Swift rather than have him keep training on the belts with Blackfuse since this is his last week.

Last edited by Gendon on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seijurou
Co-GM

Hmm... Interesting. Well, even if we get a new Hunter, unless he's already geared,  I would think Heroic Paragons will be easier than doing Blackfuse. If he's geared then we might as well spend the time letting him learn the belts. 

I'll edit the Op to remove the suggestion of moving to garrosh after paragons. 

hulkynnn
Core-Raider

BAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't like any of these! how about we just extend the times to later and I can raid with you guys and we can clear all this bullshit! just saying tho (: I don't wanna stop raiding with you guys. Also this week and I believe next week I can still raid. I need to find what days I will be coming out later if I can do that and if everyone is okay with starting a bit later we can all do this and clear this up. I don't wanna be the reason to hold everyone back from clearing this. I know is tough since a lot are on east coast times and is really later. 

Gendon
Officer

I think the only way we could start later (if that would allow Swift to attend) is to have shorter raids (end at the same time, start later) and then have an extra raid day that we can all agree on.

Seijurou
Co-GM

Gendon wrote:

I think the only way we could start later (if that would allow Swift to attend) is to have shorter raids (end at the same time, start later) and then have an extra raid day that we can all agree on.

This is something to consider. 

But from what Swift mentioned, his schedule will change every week or will be different every other week. 

@Swift

Is that true? Can you let us know your schedule and what would allow you to continue raiding? 

Tisiphone of High Functioning Sociopath
Guild Master

I'm liking the idea of skipping Blackfuse for Paragons, since Swift will be gone soon.

Core-Raider

Yes my schedule will be rotating every week. I still have yet to find out the times of my final schedule and I won't know this forsure till Tuesday of next week. Once I know I will let you guys know. Would be amazing if we could do what Gendon suggested if everyone was okay with it.  So basically 1 week I would work 8-5 the week after would be 10-7 and other week 12-9 PST. Once again I need to confirm this next week Tuesday, but next week I will still be able to raid since im going in at 8 and coming out at 5. (:

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighFunctioningSociopath Forum Index -> Boss Guides and Strategies All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: